CEREC Same-Day Crowns
A dental crown is a custom-designed “cap” that mimics your tooth’s exact size and structure. It’s put in place to cover and protect a damaged tooth, restoring the tooth’s shape, strength, appearance, and size.
Same-day dental crowns in San Diego serve the same purpose as lab-fabricated crowns, but can actually be designed, created, and fitted in just a single appointment.
Scripps West Dental uses state-of-the-art Chairside Economic Restoration of Esthetic Ceramics (CEREC) technology to repair and restore damaged teeth in the most efficient, practical way.
What Are CEREC Same-Day Crowns?
The CEREC crown procedure uses computer-aided design (CAD) and computer-aided manufacturing (CAM) to perform the entire dental crown process in just one appointment.
When you visit Torrey Hills Dental for same-day dentistry in San Diego, here’s what you can expect:
– The team will use an intraoral scanner to take pictures of your teeth, creating a digital impression
– The digital impression file is sent to the CAD/CAM software machine in our office to create a digital tooth restoration “map”
– The tooth restoration “map” is sent to the CEREC milling machine which then mills the new crown from a block of medical-grade porcelain – all in less than 15 minutes!
– Your dentist polishes, prepares, and permanently places the crown onto your tooth
The entire process is quick, efficient, and simple.
Are You a Candidate for CEREC Same-Day Dental Crowns?
Your Dentist at Torrey Hills Dental may recommend a same-day crown if you are experiencing any of these dental problems:
– Chipped or cracked teeth
– Discoloration that doesn’t respond to whitening
– Misshaped teeth
– Severely decayed or damaged teeth
– Uneven bite as a result of grinding your teeth
As long as your remaining healthy tooth structure can still support a restoration, a same-day dental crown in San Diego might be the best way to achieve stunning results.
Benefits of CEREC Same-Day Dental Crowns Near You
Thanks to advanced CEREC technology, the team at Torrey Hills Dental is proud to help patients enjoy these benefits when receiving a same-day crown:
Rapid Results: Your damaged tooth can be fully restored within two hours with no need for temporary restorations or follow-up visits.
Customization. Every CEREC crown is customized precisely to your individual tooth to preserve natural enamel.
Lower Treatment Costs: Same-day crowns inherently reduce the need for multiple visits and temporary crowns, saving you time and money.
Natural Aesthetics: Dr. Tasto will carefully select the shade of porcelain that best matches your smile, mimicking your enamel’s natural appearance – right down to its sheen and translucency.
Comfort and Precision: Digital technology provides easy 3D imaging with predictable, accurate results.
Ultimately, CEREC same-day dental crowns are beautiful, customized restorations that last for years.
Inlays and Onlays
If decay damages the chewing surface of a molar, you may need more than a simple dental filling to restore that tooth.
If a filling isn’t enough to repair the damage, but a full dental crown isn’t needed, Dr. Tasto may recommend an inlay or an onlay instead.
– An inlay is a custom-designed and fabricated ceramic restoration that is bonded within the center of the tooth
– An onlay is a custom-designed and fabricated restoration that extends over the edge of the damaged tooth
Instead of taking multiple days to create our inlays and onlays in an off-site dental lab, the Torrey Hills Dental team fabricates your customized solutions right in our office using our CEREC machine. This computer-aided manufacturing technology designs and crafts custom inlays and onlays just for you in one single visit.
Call our Carmel Valley Dental Office to learn more about this conservative treatment and take the first steps to a healthier, pain-free mouth.