What are the Advantages Of Same-Day Dental Crowns at Torrey Hills Dental
Written by Torrey Hills Dental
At Torrey Hills Dental of San Diego, CA, patients who need dental crowns will find that they can benefit from same-day restorations thanks to a unique restoration process known as CEREC. CEREC allows Drs. James and Brian Tasto create dental crowns right in the office, eliminating waiting and restoring the smile in a single appointment.
What is a CEREC crown?
A CEREC crown is a dental restoration that is made from ceramic material used to restore the function and appearance of a tooth that has been damaged or lost. A CEREC crown is made right in the dental practice while patients wait, and it is custom-made to fit the patient’s prepared teeth. Once it is fitted, the crown is attached to the tooth with dental adhesive. The entire process from preparation to placement is done within the office at Torrey Hills Dental, eliminating the need to send dental impressions out to an outside laboratory and wait weeks to have the new restoration placed.
What are the benefits of same-day crowns?
There are several benefits of same-day crowns:
- Patients do not have to wait weeks for their new restoration.
- There is no need to send dental impressions out to an outside laboratory.
- The restoration is custom-made to fit the patient’s prepared teeth.
- The entire process, from preparation to placement, is done within the office.
- Same-day crowns are more affordable than traditional dental crowns.
- The ceramic material used in CEREC crowns is biocompatible, meaning it is safe for oral tissues.
- CEREC crowns are durable and can last for many years with proper care.
Same-day crowns vs. regular crowns
Many patients are concerned about the quality of a CEREC crown when compared to traditional crowns fabricated at an outside dental laboratory. The same-day crown is just as strong, durable, and beautiful as a laboratory-created one and can be completed in a fraction of the time for faster repair and protection.
Drs. James and Brian Tasto of Torrey Hills Dental in San Diego, CA are available to help patients learn about the various restorations that can be used in restoring the smile, and how to obtain same-day repairs with their state-of-the-art CEREC device and software. Connect with the team to learn more! Call (858) 523-1330 to request an appointment at 4765 Carmel Mountain Road, Suite #101.